pyatcron-devel-list

Re: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Advanced interface

From: Julien Olivier
Subject: Re: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Advanced interface
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:34:12 +0000

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 23:03, Brian Dee wrote:
> Hey, here's what I have so far on that advanced interface. I partly
> copied kcron, but with my own touches. It looks pretty crowded and
> ugly, so I'm open to some constructive criticism. : )
>
> Just run the dates.py file, and it will open up for you.
>
> Let me know what you think...

I think it's good for an advanced tab, because it lets you configure the
schedule very comprehensively. However, it's much too cluttered and
cryptic for a regular user (for example, what happens if you check
"monday" and 11 ? Does it run every "monday 11" or every 11 which is
also a monday ? It's not clear). More over, I think you shouldn't split
hours using A.M./P.M. After, this doesn't make sens in
non-English-speaking countries. In France, people are used to 0-24
hours. And in Ireland, they use both AM/PM and 0-24 hours. How is it
elsewhere ?

--
Julien Olivier <address@hidden>