Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Updating to rc3...

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Updating to rc3...
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 19:42:09 +0800

Marco Gaiarin <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I'm using LDAP to store users and group. Please, say me.
>
> I've moved to the new ldap schema, and i've to heavily modify my ldap
> data (phpgwGroupID and phpgwAccountID information to add, remove all
> phpgw* field from groups, remove phpgwAccountType field for every
> record). I hope will not change too much in future releases... ;(((

Yes there were some massive changes to LDAP for 16, but there are also
some good docs in phpgwapi/doc/ldap on how to deal with the migration.
address@hidden and Caeies.fr did a lot of work on this.  There were some
problems, but I know it is now 100% spot on.

I probably should have mentioned something in the release text about the
changes, sorry :(

> Ah, I've simply removed all the contacts record, i think that for
> contact is better  to dump the contacts and reimport both in phpgw.

The contacts backend has changed also, it would be nice to know how well
the contacts LDAP sync work for you.

Cheers

Dave