Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Updating to rc3...

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Updating to rc3...
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:26:04 +0100

Mandi! Benoit Hamet
  In chel di` si favelave...

> (hum the site is currently down :/ so I didn't have the URL :)

I've really no time in this day to watch to the forum, so there's no
problem at all... O;-)))

> That's (if I remember) for historical reasons, don't forget that phpgw
> is designed for some SGBD too and the system should be more or less
> compatible. So some design of phpgw (at least in the .16) need that
> groups AND people have differents ID's. Take a look at the SQL table to
> understand why.

I've understood why, and i've clear that there's a lot of historical
reason (SGBD what mean?!), i simply note (and i've log it on savannah a
year or so) that if someone have to integrate phpgw on an preexistent
LDAP setup, converted from a unix setup, having only one number-space
within users and groups is really strict.
I've started playing with LDAP *and* phpgw, so for me is not a problem
to have an unique numberspace, but the problem remain...

> >+ new LDAP schema add a mandatory field phpgwAccountID and
> > phpgwGroupID, but looking into class.accounts_ldap.inc.php code, seems
> > that they are not used, but is used the more standard uidNumber and
> > gidNumber. This for me sounds really strange. A mandatory unused
> > field?! ;)
> I need to investigate this. I think that's there was some request on
> this on the forum, but couldn't remember what/why... Perhaps this is
> used in the ACL fields ?

Boh, i've used only grep and my minimal ldap/php knowledge, but i've
not found reference for these fields elsewhere...

> > I've had to comment out the die() row in get_type() function...
> I need to make some test about this issue. Perhaps a cache problem or
> something else...

Seems strange, yes... but i've tested two browser. ;(

> That's true. Groups are now in LDAP (ie "user X in group Y"), so you can
> use external resources with them. But, remember that ACL are very

Yeah! Cool!!! ;)))

> important for access to the phpgw system. So If you change the id, you
> can loose some infos in the ACL table. so be very carefull with this (at
> least change the id in both LDAP system and ACL's.

Not 100%, but i've understood how the acl table works. So... yes, i
know i've to be carefull! ;)

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

                        Informazione & Democrazia
  Dobbiamo tutti lavorare insieme per costruire un'alternativa concreta al
   monopolio informativo e ridare forza alla democrazia del nostro paese.

                     http://www.sosinformazione.org/