Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Anouncement: eGroupWare fork of phpGroupWare

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Anouncement: eGroupWare fork of phpGroupWare
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 14:27:32 -0600

At 05:10 9/4/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>- our first release will have the Version number 1.0 and will be
>released with the the announcement of the fork, probably on a big Linux
>Fair in Germany end of October 2003

I wouldn't recommend this, as most people are not likely to believe that right off the bat the project is at 1.0 (production stable and well-integrated) status. Maybe one or two beta releases would show a more conservative attitude that would enhance your credibility.

As a recent user of phpGroupWare, I have no opinion on the fork. Time will tell which project fares better, or whether both lose important contributions by splitting the effort; whether there really were deep incompatibilities or whether there were ego/personality conflicts.

Good luck to all.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz