RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Hamoa problems

From: Kirk Lawson
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Hamoa problems
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:09:00 -0500

>With what you say here and I discovered you need to
>double-click on the Hamoa Tree
>in the System tray, I finally made some real progress and now
>I can see what you're
>talking about.  My admin user is restriceted to localhost.  I
>set up a normal user
>with read-only rights ( makes it hard to syncronize, but oh
>well ).  I am using v
>1.4.2.  It will read the data and stuff it into Outlook but it
>generatea a "Buffer
>overflow" error before it finishes.

I finally got it working based on teh hint that Chris gave about Global
Catagories.  I'm testing the syncing now.

>I think it might be ready for prime time if they can clean up
>that error, syncronize
>all catagories, and work out the security issue Chris
>mentioned.  Do you really want
>all your users to have full administratove privilages to your database?

Not particularly but I feel the risk is minimal in *MY* environment and
further, one of the biggest requirements for a Groupware package is to be
able to share/cross-set schedule/calendar.

My directive is to find something "full featured" that works with
Outlook.  It's *GOT* to be Outlook.  Period.  :P

Further, "upper management" is in love with MS and is going "why not just
spend the money and get Exchange?  We know it works."  (and for some
reason they're bizarely convinced that Exchange will somehow let us
exchange 'data' *BETTER* with outside clients/biz partners)  My *direct*
boss would prefer "not Exchange" but is flexible past that.  I'm very
nearly "Oh Christ!  *Anything* but exchange!"

So you can see my pickle.

Peace favor your sword
 ---
"In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or
knowledge of their use."
 -Achille Marozzo, 1536