Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Help with IMAP auth

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Help with IMAP auth
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:09:33 +0000

Jeremy Oddo (address@hidden) wrote:

>> You can configure email/felamimail to use vmailmgr authentication.
>Yeah, I can use vmailmgr auth, but I'm not using vmailmgr!  I'm running
>qmail+vpopmail+courier.  I'm *not* using vmailmgr...but do I need to use
>that auth method?  If so, the "vmailmgr" method should be renamed to
>reduce confusion.

it could be renamed, but to what? vpopmail copied the vmailmgr format (or was
it the
other way around).  Maybe vmailmgr/vpopmail?  what happenes when a 3rd system
uses
the same style?

>> That
>> means, that if your username is "joe" and the email-domain is "foo.bar",
>> email/felamimail send "address@hidden" as username.
>>
>Let's not even get into email/felamimail...let's just talk about the
>initial login authentication (even though I wasn the initial auth to
>connect to IMAP).  For the main phpgw login, do I put "address@hidden" or do
>I need to put "foo.bar" into the domain picklist and then just use "joe"?

well, email/felami are easier to make work and give better errors when they
dont.
you won't get auth working unless you can first get email working.  the domain
pick
list is for phpgw doains and has nothing at all to with email.  period.  You
set the
email domain and vmailmgr/vpopmail style (same thing) in the
administration-email
config.