RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Hamoa problems

From: Bob Crandell
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Hamoa problems
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:52:02 +0000

Kirk Lawson (address@hidden) wrote:

>>phpGroupWare uses the phpgroupware user to talk to MySQL, at
>>least in my case,
>>wouldn't you want to use the same one with ODBC?
>
>Yes, this is the actual username I used.  Refering to it as "admin" was
>confusing.  Sorry.
>
>>I want to do this also.  Are your docs in English?  Did you
>>find an English version of Hamoa?  Where?
>
>Hamoa's README doc has German in the top half and English for the second.
> Once installed, you can select either German or English for the language
>but you must do the install in German.  I selected the default buttons
>and it seemed to work.
>
>I'm about to test Hamoa 1.4.2 to see if it fixes this bug or if it's not
>a bug and, instead something that I'm screwing up.
>
>Peace favor your sword,
>Kirk Lawson
> ---
>"In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or
>knowledge of their use."
> -Achille Marozzo, 1536

With what you say here and I discovered you need to double-click on the Hamoa
Tree
in the System tray, I finally made some real progress and now I can see what
you're
talking about.  My admin user is restriceted to localhost.  I set up a normal
user
with read-only rights ( makes it hard to syncronize, but oh well ).  I am using
1.4.2.  It will read the data and stuff it into Outlook but it generatea a
"Buffer
overflow" error before it finishes.

I think it might be ready for prime time if they can clean up that error,
syncronize
all catagories, and work out the security issue Chris mentioned.  Do you really
want
all your users to have full administratove privilages to your database?

Thanks

--
Bob Crandell
Assured Computing