[Phpgroupware-users] Some more note about LDAP in phpgroupware...

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Some more note about LDAP in phpgroupware...
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:45:05 +0100

I've ended my play with phpgroupware, and now i want to do some serious
things.

So i've completely zapped my database (PG) installation and do all
thing from scratch, using the cvs .001 version just updated.
I've some note, in order:

1) sitemgr uninstall procedure doesn't uninstall really all the tables,
triggers and indices, i've to do:
        drop table phpgw_sitemgr_blocks;
        drop sequence seq_phpgw_sitemgr_blocks;
        drop sequence seq_phpgw_sitemgr_categories_la;

Tested 2 times.

2) (i think related to 1) sitemanager refuse to install correctly, say
me that some tables misses, but seems to work very well.
[i'll test better tomorrow]

3) clearly i've used LDAP for users, groups and auth (LDAP database
partially preexistent), and also this time (third time it succeded) the
first user added to phpgw go UID=GID=0.
I've fixed using GQ the LDAP database, and fixed the database with:

        update phpgw_acl set acl_account=1033 where acl_account=0;

but also ``admin'' run acl was setted to 0, so i've moved the admin run
capability again to my acconut with:

        update phpgw_acl set acl_account=1000 where acl_appname='admin';

Another little typo was that in LDAP the groups into wich the account
gaio (my, the one selected for admin in setup of the LDAP account)
belong (sysman and ced) have both an memberUid of sysman.
Non that user gaio have UID=1000, and group sysman have GID=1000, so
this could be the problem.
So, seems that the setup module, setting up LDAP account to be used in
phpgw, confuse Users and groups. ;)

4) i'm also using mail as an auth schema (i'm in a half of a switch),
and i have to install email app to have the mail auth work.
I think this have to be stated somewhere, or the base configuration
(mail host, port, type, ...) have to be moved in main configuration.

5) when i create more user in phpgroupware, they insist to have
UID=GID in LDAP.

I've also a little question, why group members are saved only into
sql database and not with memberUid element into the LDAP, or at least
*also* saved as memberUid in LDAP.

Ok, now i've done the hard work, but this force me to use two tools
(phpgw and GQ, in this case) to manage accounts.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

                          Difendiamo PeaceLink!
     Campagna di solidarietà per la tutela legale di una voce scomoda.
                   http://www.peacelink.it/emergenza/