[Phpgroupware-users] Authentication Question

From: Brian McCann
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Authentication Question
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:41:08 -0400

I've got a question for you all.  I'm new to the list and the program,
but I totally love it.  I'm going to be rolling it out in a few weeks,
and I need some help.  Namely, I need to make the mail app work, which
isn't a problem...but my question is about authentication of the whole
thing?  What is the easiest way to authenticate people so that the same
user doesn't have accounts all over the system (one in passwd for mail,
one in MySQL for phpGroupWare)?  And on that note...what MTA/IMAP server
will support that, so they will all play nicely together?  I'm using
SendMail now, but I wouldn't mind learning Qmail if it would make the
job easier.  And if it helps, this will be serving about 100 people at
most.

Thanks,
--Brian McCann