Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Authentication Question

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Authentication Question
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 07:22:58 +0000

phpGW supports authing to an IMAP server.  Easiest way is to set it up for SQL
accounts, then add an account that matches the imap acocunt that you want to be
the
admin.  Grant that user admin rights and login.  Once that works, login to
/setup
config and change the authentication type to mail.  There is some auto-create
code
in the login sequence to create a new phpgw account with some defaults if the
account auths to the imap server, but this has been at various levels of
"working"
and i'm unsure of its current status.  Worst case, you have to add the accounts
in
phpgw but the password will be ignored, and if the mail server pw changes, phpgw
will recognize that without a hitch.

You can also use LDAP if want.  Mail auth is the easiest to setup from scratch,
but
LDAP is more flexable.