Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Ladp and suse email server 3.1

From: Paolo Andreetto
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Ladp and suse email server 3.1
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:31:34 +0200

Mark Hanze wrote:

I recently bought SuSE Linux Email Server 3.1 and implemented it for our
school District. Love the server but my users are used to phpGroupWare
as a web interface. phpGW has the capability of authentication to a
remote servers ldap. But I get this error

Warning: LDAP: Unable to bind to server: Inappropriate authentication in
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.common.inc.php
on line 264
Error: Can't bind to LDAP server: dc=ccsd,dc=k12,dc=ny,dc=us!

Warning: LDAP: Unable to bind to server: Inappropriate authentication in
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.common.inc.php
on line 264
Error: Can't bind to LDAP server: dc=ccsd,dc=k12,dc=ny,dc=us!

It seems to me that you are not using the correct DN.
The DN "dc=ccsd,dc=k12,dc=ny,dc=us" is the top level of your directory, isn't it? The schema for this entity (dcObject) has no field "userPassword", try to see if it contains sub-entities such as "cn=something,dc=ccsd,dc=k12,dc=ny,dc=us"
(i.e with simpleSecurityObject schema) and try to use it.

Keep in touch
--
Paolo
http://www.prosa.it