[Phpgroupware-users] new class.sessions_php4.inc.php breaks old logins

From: Patrick Oliver
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] new class.sessions_php4.inc.php breaks old logins
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 09:27:54 -0700

Hello,

I've just upgraded via CVS to the latest 0.9.14 branch files, and my old
accounts no longer permit login.

Reverting a single file to its prior version seems to do the trick, so I
suspect a change in that file was not backwards compatible for my
configuration.

The file phpgwapi/inc/class.sessions_php4.inc.php version 1.6.2.3 (2002/09/12)
does not "work." Installing my prior version of 1.6.2.1 (2002/01/16) works
(keeping all other files current).

When I say it doesn't "work," I mean that attempting to log in via a user or
admin account returns to the login screen with no message. Using the old file
permits login to succeed.

>From looking at the code, the big difference seems to be domain handling. In
my installation, I don't use domains (as far as I know). Could it be that an
'empty' domain isn't being handled properly?

Let me know if there is any more information I can provide.

Patrick