Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP conf

From: Anders Bruun Olsen
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP conf
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:45:27 +0200

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 03:50:43PM +0200, Paolo Andreetto wrote:
> >I wrote what I thought was a good explanaition of the problem, and when
> >nobody answered (not even to ask me to give more details) I assumed
> >nobody could be bothered to answer, which made me a little mad, so I
> >wrote the next email..
> >And I still haven't gotten an answer to what exactly those two fields
> >are good for...
> I'm working on phpgw/LDAP authentication too, and Imeet some troubles
> migrating from SQL to LDAP authentication system.
> If you're interested in this is all the steps I tried:
> 1) Installation of openldap on debian/GNU linux specifying the following
> root suffix
> o=mycompany,c=it, the debian installer asked me also the password for
> the admin.
> 2) Modification of the main configuration file (slapd.conf) according to
>    http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialLDAP-BindPW.html
> 3) Creation of users and groups according to
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/LDAP-Implementation-HOWTO.html
>    using the LDIF file example in the page as a template, removing some
> items and
>    using o=mycompany and c=it instead of dc=..,dc=..; l
>    dapadd can be used to import data.
> As in the example all users created "belong  to" the directory
> "ou=people,......" and groups
> to "ou=groups, .....", I used these items respectively for accounts
> context and groups context
> into setup page. The rootdn and rootpw are the same as into main
> configuration file, the password
> was crypted using ldappasswd and inserted into the file. When I try to
> import LDAP users and groups
> it works well, no error occurs, just some warning. But when I try to
> login the error is:
> *Database error:* Invalid SQL: select * from phpgw_acl where
> (acl_account in (, 0))
> *File:* /usr/share/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.acl.inc.php
> Perhaps I'm using the wrong user id. I'm not sure.
> I hope this message may help you.

Thanks - those URLs definitely look helpful, thanks!

I have however almost decided that PHPGroupWare's LDAP support along
with LDAP support in Cyrus IMAP is too broken to use in a production
environment, so I am currently looking into using MySQL for all three
things (PHPGW/Postfix/Cyrus) which looks promising :)

--
Anders
PGPKey: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8BFECB41