Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP conf

From: Paolo Andreetto
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP conf
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 15:50:43 +0200

Anders Bruun Olsen wrote:

I wrote what I thought was a good explanaition of the problem, and when
nobody answered (not even to ask me to give more details) I assumed
nobody could be bothered to answer, which made me a little mad, so I
wrote the next email..

And I still haven't gotten an answer to what exactly those two fields
are good for...

Hi!
I'm working on phpgw/LDAP authentication too, and Imeet some troubles
migrating from SQL to LDAP authentication system.
If you're interested in this is all the steps I tried:
1) Installation of openldap on debian/GNU linux specifying the following root suffix o=mycompany,c=it, the debian installer asked me also the password for the admin.
2) Modification of the main configuration file (slapd.conf) according to
   http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialLDAP-BindPW.html
3) Creation of users and groups according to
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/LDAP-Implementation-HOWTO.html using the LDIF file example in the page as a template, removing some items and
   using o=mycompany and c=it instead of dc=..,dc=..; l
   dapadd can be used to import data.

As in the example all users created "belong to" the directory "ou=people,......" and groups to "ou=groups, .....", I used these items respectively for accounts context and groups context into setup page. The rootdn and rootpw are the same as into main configuration file, the password was crypted using ldappasswd and inserted into the file. When I try to import LDAP users and groups it works well, no error occurs, just some warning. But when I try to login the error is:

*Database error:* Invalid SQL: select * from phpgw_acl where (acl_account in (, 0))
*File:* /usr/share/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.acl.inc.php

Perhaps I'm using the wrong user id. I'm not sure.
I hope this message may help you.

Keep in touch
Paolo