Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP conf

From: Anders Bruun Olsen
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP conf
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:48:13 +0200

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 10:25:41AM +0200, Wolfgang Büch wrote:
> First of all what is your base DN ?

dc=dsl,dc=dk

> cn=admin,dc=examplecompany,dc=com
> ou=users,dc=examplecompany,dc=com
> ou=groups,dc=examplecompany,dc=com
> these entries should exist  in your ldaptree before installing phpgw.

So I need to make them "manually"??
I have set up the phpgw schemes, shouldn't that be enough?

Sorry, but I am new to LDAP and some of this is confusing - if the
baseDN I specified is not a baseDN then I would appreciate to be told
what a base DN is then..

> Maybe nest time you could give somemore hints then just "come on guys it
> is not working"

I wrote what I thought was a good explanaition of the problem, and when
nobody answered (not even to ask me to give more details) I assumed
nobody could be bothered to answer, which made me a little mad, so I
wrote the next email..

And I still haven't gotten an answer to what exactly those two fields
are good for...

--
Anders
PGPKey: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8BFECB41