partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] crash-patch and better network diagnostics

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] crash-patch and better network diagnostics
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 02:08:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Fredrik Thulin wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 September 2002 16.35, Aymeric Moizard wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> > > hi
> > >
> > > attached two patches fixes some things i found when working with
> > > partysip on a train (meaning no network) :
> > >
> > >   * fredrik-partysip-crash-unresolvable-host2:
> > >     a bit hard to read diff - the important line is the added
> >
> > did you indent the files? the .indent.pro files are now in the
> > osip and partysip directories.
>
> yes - i noticed. very good. i beleive i did - didn't it look indented? i tried
> to but maybe i sent you the wrong version. [checked] no, it was the indented
> one i sent.

I didn't look at it at first, finally it's readable... :/

> > you mean without calling somebody without any host? Does linphone can send
> > such urls?
>
> yes - and somehow partysip thought it was a host and tried to send()
> to '9999' (meaning 'host' as ouputted with my
> fredrik-partysip-better-network-diagnostics-patch2 applied was
> '9999').

I'm working on a fix in the "syntax" plugin checker so that this kind
of unvalid request uri will get an answer of Bad Request.

> > Anyway, I'll verify if I also have some crashes with linphone.
>
> sure, please do. but doesn't the logic of the patch seem sound?
> something like 20 lines up in the code the same loop is performed, but
> only after checking the pointer isn't NULL.

I looked at it and merge it. Thanks.

> i'm planning on finishing a version without dialplans (meaning where a
> ENUM lookup is performed if you dial the whole number - eventually you
> want to say stuff like 'if a user enters a number between n and nn,
> append x and do enum etc.) as soon as possible and send you that. the
> biggest problem i see yet is that i have still not had time to read
> rfc3261 (soon, i promise) and don't know what different UA's will do.
> i guess my Cisco 7960 will append @sipserver-fqdn to the request, but
> linphone doesn't.

with linphone, you've got to dial valid sip url. I guess it will accept
tel url or any other... (Used without a proxy, it will probably fail).

aymeric