partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] crash-patch and better network diagnostics

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] crash-patch and better network diagnostics
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:35:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Fredrik Thulin wrote:

> hi
>
> attached two patches fixes some things i found when working with
> partysip on a train (meaning no network) :
>
>       * fredrik-partysip-crash-unresolvable-host2:
>         a bit hard to read diff - the important line is the added

did you indent the files? the .indent.pro files are now in the
osip and partysip directories.

>       if (req->rsp_ctx != NULL && req->rsp_ctx->branches != NULL)

> with libosip 0.8.8 and partysip 0.4.5 (what i had on the train) it was
> really easy to make partysip dump core just by trying to call
> "sip:9999" from linphone.

you mean without calling somebody without any host? Does linphone can send
such urls?

> with CVS libosip and CVS partysip i had to
> have two linphones and make something like 10 calls from each of them
> to get a sigsegv.

strange. It's true that I did not test linphone a lot with partysip.
I want first to port linphone to the latest SIP rfc and don't want
to waste time testing an application that will move shortly and wil
need to be tested again!

Anyway, I'll verify if I also have some crashes with linphone.

>       * fredrik-partysip-better-network-diagnostics-patch2:
>         says what goes wrong when sending to the network goes wrong. i'm
>         unsure about strerror() and errno on WIN32 so they don't get more than
>         the numeric error code.
>
>       also prints nicer error message when bind() to port fails and adds
>         setsockopt() SO_REUSEADDR since it helps when partysip dumps core ;)
>
> (btw. the thing i was working on on the train is an ENUM plugin (rfc2916) for
> partysip. do you consider that interesting? here in sweden we will probably
> accomplish a delegation of 6.4.e164.arpa soon, and i want to use partysip in
> our (Stockholm university's) tests)

That's very interesting. Keep me informed of your progress.
Aymeric