Re: [paragui-users] searching: democratically organized order; will also

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] searching: democratically organized order; will also take dictatorship :)
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 00:32:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, H. C. wrote:

> I agree Teunis, the features of a html widget should really be discussed
> here! Even if it was only an advanced multi-line editbox with the ability of
> adding different text styles, colors etc. it would already be very useful,
> if you ask me.
>
> PG_RichEdit is not editable by the user. Also, there are still some bugs
> (even one that causes an infinite loop) in PG_RichEdit (is the original
> author Jaroslav Vozab still around??).

Oh really?
I've never really gotten into it. (PG_RichEdit that is).  I started my
pgstring class (thankfully) before reading it's code - so thankfully the
pgstring (somewhat more intelligent string) code is quite different -
although with similar capability.

Okay, I'll look into this one.  Shouldn't be that big a deal - actually
following html 'traditional' layout is much harder.

> Currently, the reality is there are many people having their very own
> agendas. Such a majority of individual work might satisfy their own needs,
> but certainly not those of a community.

Well I just -hope- the work I'm doing benefits the community.
Otherwise I wouldn't offer it back.  Or even mention anything.

Come to think of it, I should release source to the C translation one of
these days.  It's not 100% working yet - although it now opens a window
and (somewhat) renders a background.  Mouse works fine.   Actually
strangely enough it's showing the same flaws my opengl driver shows.  am
suspecting more C++-related bugs...

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis