Re: [paragui-users] Paragui MSI ?

From: Vovan
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Paragui MSI ?
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:36:50 -0400

Hi,

I am fairly new to ParaGUI, as well, and only started using it about three
weeks ago or so, but I am also using vs.net, so I figured I might just be
able to help...

What I did was, I downloaded the sources for ParaGUI and compiled the
libraries myself. While it took me a couple of hours to do it, due to having
to download all kinds of other libraries, like SDL, and freetype, in the
end, I think it was a good "time investment" if you will, since not only do
I have the libraries that are fully compatible with my system, but I also
have the sources to which I can refer in cases when the documentation isn't
very clear.

As far as incompatibility with msvcrt goes, the reason might be in your
project settings. I think I had a similar problem at first, and the reason
was that the project was set for "Single-Threaded Debug" under Project ->
Properties -> Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation ->
Runtime Library. Since ParaGUI is a multithreaded thing, this setting should
be changed to some sort of Multithreaded option. You also need to add a
"/vmg" compiler flag for the stuff to work. There are also several other
things that need to be changed, which I don't really remember, but do
download the sources, and take a look at the VC project provided with them.
It converts to VS.net cleanly, and without any problems.

Hope that helps,
Vovan