Re: [paragui-users] PG_Application::SetBackground(...)

From: Kamil Skalski
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] PG_Application::SetBackground(...)
Date: 21 Feb 2003 22:02:22 +0100

> since I dump the images into opengl texturespace... *g* it's quite fast.
> but anyways, changing texture information -isn't- fast...

That is surely best solution for static images/theme elements. But GUI
system should support easy way to make my own drawings into specified
parts of screen. I liked way which I saw in PG_GLWidget with its
eventBlit (there was possible to do my own GL drawing within this
event). All I am curious by now is if there would be possible similiar
way to make background drawing.

>       never render from multiple threads

BTW I once made myself in trouble when drawing something within timer
routine and not locking screen by PG_Application::LockScreen(), but now
it seems all right.