Re: [paragui-users] PG_Application::SetBackground(...)

From: Kamil Skalski
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] PG_Application::SetBackground(...)
Date: 21 Feb 2003 19:32:06 +0100

> actually - having a redraw event sent to a background-manager makes more
> sense (default = no manager == no message sent).  This will -very- badly

I'm having something similiar in my project - I've set PG background to
my surface and my background manager draws to this surface. Having
redraw event would be more general and it should be in PG.

> break opengl driver + maybe others too.

I do not know paragl architecture, but the solution with events seems to
be good here. Of course rendering would require using proper driver or
PG primitives, but it's needed anyway if somebody want to draw
background using for example GL. Background drawing code needs to be
changed in case of paragl, I can't imagine how drawing mutable surface
could be fast here (glDrawPixels is quite slow). Most general solution
would be to give derivable background-manager as you suggest with
restrictions to use proper rendering style.