Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New GPS for centimeter level precision GPS

From: Sergey Krukowski
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New GPS for centimeter level precision GPS
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 18:55:50 +0100

I also think the Piksi is not ready yet.
We ordered on of their sets, but on the question about approximate delivery date didn't get any answer at all.
A bit pity, but hopefully guys will get it ready.

Best Regards,
Sergey

I don't think swiftnav is ready/working yet.

You can generate your own source of RCTM v2 (no Internet required) at the GCS using a uBlox "T" module (e.g. NEO-6T) in a fixed position and pyUblox.

https://github.com/benizl/pyUblox

pyUblox is still only beta, but seems to work quite well already. swiftnav will eventually be better, but also future uBlox modules might support RCTM v3 as well...

It may be possible to use rtklib rather than pyUblox, but when we looked at it it was good for postprocessing type precision positioning but not realtime. I don't remember why exactly.

Chris Gough