Re: [Paparazzi-devel] paparazzi user edition?

From: Andy Brown
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] paparazzi user edition?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 08:46:54 -0700

So I have spent most of my time fighting to get things working on Mac.
Our team uses Mac, windows and Linux etc but we have wasted a ton of
time on this generally.

I have also wasted a ton of time with our streaming video server
software so last weekend I configured an AMI I can spin up on amazon
and I want to do the same for PPZ.

I think the system would look like this.

- base ubuntu 12.04 system with paparazzi installed and the tool chain working.

- Web front end (or just API) to upload my own XML config files and
kick off the build.

- process to archive and version the xml bundle in a db or on S3 so we
can roll back/diff the config.

- after we have the config files place them approbropraitly in the PPZ
directories or somewhere appropriate.

- kick off a build using the uploaded setting and archive the result
and version it so we know what configs go to what builds.

- using and API and web interface I want to be able to download the
the bin file (I think this is how it works) and tranfer it to the
micro controller - manually first at first.

-  I want to be able to point my ground station (iPad or desktop app)
at an endpoint and have it download the correct config files from the
server and configure itself.

- stretch goal. Gumstick talks to the server, downloads the micro
controller boots from the Gumstick and I don't have to plug anything
in at all.

That's  loosely what I'm going to try to build. Starting with a base
PPZ image I can boot up at will on amazon cloud.

- Andy