Re: [Paparazzi-devel] paparazzi user edition?

From: Tilman Baumann
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] paparazzi user edition?
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 17:34:44 +0100

On 24/05/12 17:19, Stephen Dwyer wrote:
Hello,

Little more information:
New issue for configuration wizard:
https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/issues/200

Regarding flight plan editing, you can always edit the waypoints
graphically using the existing gcs

Not practically when they are on the other side of the globe.
Unless I missed some trick.

Can waypoints be defined as relative to a home waypoint? Ideally be set to the GPS coordinates in pre-launch.

The places would still be all over, but at least they would be near your actual flying location.
And for simple 'return to home and loiter' plans no input would be required.
(http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Flight_Plan_Editor). As far as other
flight plan parameters, this is not easy to do because of the awesome
flexibility and customization. Flight plans are far more than a set of
waypoints to fly.
Sure. And I think nobody is for removing complexity.
But hiding it for beginners might be a good idea.
Some good practice flight plans with useful options to base individual customisations on might be the way to go.

I don't know. I think flight plans are a relatively minor problem. But you get still quickly overwhelmed when using any of the (sadly less than perfectly annotated) example flightplans from the repo.