RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Throttle dies in auto2

From: kochevar
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Throttle dies in auto2
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 06:06:36 -0700

Let me say having FAILSAFE_DEFAULT_GAZ as something other than 0 is a gamble.
If you lose GPS long enough for the failsafe to work, and long enough for the
plane to have landed if you went throttle off, then its just not going to come
back.  Putting this to a number like your level throttle, and using close to
wings level can potentially allow your AC to fly away if GPS is lost, which can
and will happen to everyone at some point.

Anton

Quoting Roman Krashanitsa <address@hidden>:

I found the problem. It seems that nav_desired_gaz should be specified at least once taking into account logics of the flight plan. For example, if gaz is specified only once in the init block, the program may skip it due to (launch && z>ALT) already true and this variable will be left at 0, like in my case when it is being launched in manual.

As a solution for silly people like me, we could modify nav.c:359 from
uint16_t nav_desired_gaz;
uint16_t nav_desired_gaz=TRIM_UPPRZ((FAILSAFE_DEFAULT_GAZ)*MAX_PPRZ);

Or add
nav_desired_gaz=TRIM_UPPRZ((FAILSAFE_DEFAULT_GAZ)*MAX_PPRZ);
To nav_init(void)

Best regards,
Roman