Re: [Openexr-devel] A new v1.x optimisation branch

From: Brendan Bolles
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] A new v1.x optimisation branch
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 10:29:58 -0800

On Jan 15, 2013, at 7:41 AM, Pascal Jette (Contingent) wrote:

> Why did you think that ChannelList being a subclass of IIFOptimizable was
> odd?  If this is a question of class name (a channel list is not, in itself,
> optimizable), then yes, I think we could change the name of IIFOptimizable.
> If there is another reason, please let us know.

Just seemed to not make sense in terms of inheritance to say "ChannelList is an
IIFOptimizable".  Nor are there any functions of the form
my_func(IIFOptimizable &foo).  You could add getOptimizationInfo() to
ChannelList and FrameBuffer without making them subclasses.

But whatever, I'm just being cranky at this point.

Thanks for contributing the swell optimizations!  I can whip up some #ifdefs
and submit a pull request.

Brendan