Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR from shared libs.

From: darby johnston
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR from shared libs.
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 10:53:28 -0800 (PST)

--- Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden>
wrote:

> If the crummy pre-processor define approach is to be
> used, then all the *BSDs should be covered

Ok, did some searching and apparently the default
thread stack size has been a problem on freebsd
before:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-threads/2004-November/002699.html

The consensus seemed to be that they would raise the
default to be more in line with linux, but apparently
it's still not enough (looks like it's set to a
megabyte on my 32-bit test machine). Anyways, one of
the posts suggests the most portable way is to just
set the stack limit manually through the pthreads api:

pthread_attr_getstacksize()
pthread_attr_setstacksize()

I just tried this setting it to 2 megs, and the
confidence tests pass ok.

Darby