Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR from shared libs.

From: darby johnston
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR from shared libs.
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:33:06 -0800 (PST)

--- Paul Schneider <address@hidden> wrote:

> But don't we want to keep the AutoArray around for
> single-threaded code

I believe the default stack size for processes is much
larger than threads, so it shouldn't be an issue.

For instance, according to this the default stack size
in OSX is 8MB, but for pthreads is only 512KB:

http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2005/qa1419.html

> so that the EXR library doesn't change the
> stack size of the
> thread that calls it?

The change will be specific to the pthreads stuff, so
if you disable threading it won't affect anything.

-- Florian Kainz <address@hidden> wrote:

> darby johnston wrote:
> >
> > Also, could the ifdef for darwin in ImfAutoArray.h
> be
> > removed with this change?
>
> I don't know.  Have you tried it?

Unfortunately I don't have access to a mac, but the
above document seems to support it.

Darby