Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR from shared libs.

From: Jim Hourihan
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR from shared libs.
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 15:47:50 -0800

On Mar 2, 2007, at 3:05 PM, darby johnston wrote:

--- Florian Kainz <address@hidden> wrote:

Is it possible that you are running into the same
problem
as Jim Hourihan, where the build conflicts with an
older
version that's already installed?

I double-checked with ldd and it looked ok.

That won't tell you. The problem I was describing occurs when building the new version of EXR in the presence of an existing install -- if the new build picks up "mildly" compatible .h files you can get a skewed build of EXR (this is only possible in certain unlikely circumstances, yet it has happened to me).

The only way to be sure is to remove the installed EXR include files.

        -Jim