[Openexr-devel] OpenEXR universal binaries for Mac OS X

From: Ken Baer
Subject: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR universal binaries for Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:26:08 -0700

I've just been struggling to find OpenEXR static libs that are
compiled for universal binaries on the Mac.  I hear that Apple has a
library for the universal pro apps.  I have managed to get the Half
library made, with some help, and editing the configured makefile so
that it doesn't have -march=i686 in it.

Has anyone modified the configure file to do the right thing for
building universal libraries?  I see that the posted Mac binaries are
still GCC 3.3.  It would be nice to see it get updated so everyone
can support modern hardware on the Mac.

Thanks.