[Openexr-devel] Photoshop Plug-In Source posted to CVS

From: Paul Schneider
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Photoshop Plug-In Source posted to CVS
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 19:02:59 -0700

Hi, everyone,

I've posted the source for a Photoshop File Format plug-in that reads and writes OpenEXRs to the CVS tree. It's in a module called "Photoshop". We're having trouble with Savannah's site, so we haven't made the built plug-ins available for download yet, but I'd appreciate it if a few of you would grab this, try to build it, and let me know how it goes. There are a few serious limitations with this plug-in; the most glaring is that it doesn't work with sequences correctly in After Effects. If anyone would like to volunteer to fix this up, or make an AEIO based on this code, get in touch with me.

Building the plug-in will require the Photoshop SDK (I used the 7.0 SDK, you might be able to build it with an earlier version), CodeWarrior 8.3 on the Mac, and Visual C++ 6.0 and the Intel C++ compiler on Windows. I've only tested this plug-in with Photoshop 7.0. It uses the ADM, so it won't work with versions of Photoshop prior to 5.5, or hosts like combustion or Commotion which don't provide PICA suites. If you'd like to add support for these hosts - get coding!

Thanks!

Paul