Re: [Openexr-devel] Willing to help

From: Alec Bartsch
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Willing to help
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:51:27 -0800

On Tuesday, January 28, 2003, at 02:23 AM, Brad Davis wrote:

- a Quicktime plugin (someone may be working on this one already)

If someone can brave the realm of Objective-C and create the bindings to C++, I believe you can register a subclass of NSImageRep so that the OS can automatically use OpenEXR in any app, be it Quicktime, Preview, or a browser
window.

I'd planned to undertake that, but didn't want to promise it publicly as I'm jammed with other work and it would probably take me a while. I know the Objective-C side but haven't yet delved into so-called Objective-C++, so don't let me discourage anyone else from jumping on this! ;)

   Alec Bartsch
   Lead Texture/Lighting TD
   "The World of Tomorrow"