om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] send/receive of MIDI cc

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] send/receive of MIDI cc
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:46:17 -0400

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 00:17 +0100, Kevin Walker wrote:
> Hi all, does anyone know if it is possible to send and receive MIDI cc
> data from plugin parameters, when a plugin is used in a om patch?
>
> I am wanting to be able to control parameters from a Behringer BCF2000
> and when I launch an om patch or change a parameter on screen, I wish
> to be able to update the Behringer's local parameter buffers...

There's no in-patch sending of MIDI CC (yet).  Do you specifically need
to patch up MIDI sending logic, or do you really just want CC feedback?

I'm a bit torn on automatic feedback, since it would be hidden and magic
and all those things Om tries not to do :)  The most obvious immediate
problem is you can't set a control if it's connected to something (eg
MIDI) at all..

'course the OSC thing like Loki mentioned is an option

-DR-