Re: How to contribute a new package to Octave Forge

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: How to contribute a new package to Octave Forge
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 17:42:06 +0100

On Thu, Mar 05, 2020 at 08:26:55PM +0100, Reinhard wrote:
> I would like to contribute a new package to Octave Forge. It contains
> several utility functions related to process creation, parallel
> execution of functions, design of experiment, plotting, interpolation,
> command line parsing and others. It is the first, but not the only
> package, I want to contribute. I want to make this package an external
> package.

Personally I'm sceptical because your package seems to be too
heterogeneous. It sounds as if the components should rather be
contributed to existing packages or Octave core, if they are
fitting. Even if you intend the package to be external.

But if you have a different opinion and want to convince the octave
forge maintainers of it, maybe you should make your code accessible
and give a more detailed description.

Olaf