Re: Mingw Octave 3.4.2 - blank gnuplot printouts

From: Nit Nit
Subject: Re: Mingw Octave 3.4.2 - blank gnuplot printouts
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 18:27:28 +0300

Hello Tatsuro,

For my last octave tree, I have used your octave-3.4.2.zip dated Aug 08, 2011

I need some clarifications regarding your updates

1. On Aug 18, 2011, you have added libltdl-7.dll and libwmflite7.dll to the bin sub-directory of your octave-3.4.2.zip probably as a response to the first post in http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Missing-DLLs-was-Issues-amp-questions-building-Octave-3-4-2-MinGW-td3729635.html but I am not sure whether these are really required.

Regarding libwmflite-7.dll - it was required for building oct files by your octave-3.4.2.zip+OctaveLibs.zip versions prior to Aug 8, but at least for me, it was not required any more by Aug 8 versions of your octave-3.4.2.zip+OctaveLibs.zip (after copying libblas.dll.a, libfftw3.dll.a, libfftw3f.dll.a, liblapack.dll.a from recent OctaveLibs.zip to lib subdir of my octave tree).

Regarding libltdl-7.dll - it is bundled in the bin subdir of your MinGW-TM.zip which is consistent with Benjamin's 3.2.4 mingw installation tree.

2. In your recent version (Sep 12, 2011) you have added share/gnuplot subdir which has solved the gnuplot print problems but in addition there are many changes probably due to a new build. Can you confirm that the following are OK ? Do I have to re-compile/re-install all pkgs because of the new octave build ?

changed/updated files in the bin and lib subdirs:
bin/libcruft-0.dll
bin/liboctave-0.dll
bin/liboctinterp-0.dll
bin/mkoctfile-3.4.2.exe
bin/mkoctfile.exe
bin/octave-3.4.2.exe
bin/octave-config-3.4.2.exe
bin/octave-config.exe
bin/octave.exe
lib/octave/3.4.2/oct/libcruft.dll.a
lib/octave/3.4.2/oct/liboctave.dll.a
lib/octave/3.4.2/oct/liboctinterp.dll.a

new files in the bin subdir:
pthreadGC2.dll

removed files in the bin subdir:
sed.exe
wgnuplot.GID

In addition, sed related subdirs and files have been removed:
contrib/sed/*
manifest/sed-4.2.1-bin.mft
manifest/sed-4.2.1-bin.ver
share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/sed.mo