Re: mhbuild: extraneous information in message

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: mhbuild: extraneous information in message
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 05:15:32 -0700

Ralph wrote:

> As an aside, in digging about freedesktop.org for answers to Michael's
> remote-Chrome-opening question, I noticed an alternative to file(1) is
>
>     $ xdg-mime query filetype canned_heat__on_the_road_again.mp3
>     audio/mpeg

xdg-mime delegates to the first it finds of gio info, gvfs-info, and
gnomevfs-info.  gio info relies on the freedesktop shared MIME info
database, that's packaged in Red Hat land as shared-mime-info.

It'd be easy to have m4/mimetype.m4 look for xdg-mime.

I don't see a similar utility to detect encoding.

David