Re: mhbuild: extraneous information in message

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: mhbuild: extraneous information in message
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 11:17:06 +0100

Hi Steven,

>    $ cat /etc/mailcap
>    ###
>    ### Begin Red Hat Mailcap
>    ###
> I'm not going to speculate on why an Arch-derived distribution has an
> /etc/mailcap sourced from Red Hat. :-/

Oh, that's right, Manjaro, don't know why I asked what system in the
other email!

‘pacman -Qi mailcap’ will query for information on that package and show
the upstream URL is https://pagure.io/mailcap.  Pagure is like a
SourceForge or GitLab and that installation is Fedora's, despite the
misleading domain name: https://pagure.io/about/.  Fedora took Red Hat's
source.

I've access to a Manjaro system.  After a ‘sudo -i pacman -Syu’ to
ensure its packages are up to date, I see

    $ pacman -Q file
    file 5.40-2
    $ file -i /usr/share/mathjax2/extensions/a11y/invalid_keypress.mp3
    /usr/share/mathjax2/extensions/a11y/invalid_keypress.mp3:
audio/mpegapplication/octet-stream; charset=binary
    $ b2sum -l32 /usr/share/mathjax2/extensions/a11y/invalid_keypress.mp3
    c7d7c71d  /usr/share/mathjax2/extensions/a11y/invalid_keypress.mp3

So the bug is there.  Does it report
‘audio/mpegapplication/octet-stream’ for lots of your MP3 files?

Back home, on an out-of-date Arch Linux, after copying that MP3 file to
here:

    $ pacman -Q file
    file 5.37-2
    $ file -i invalid_keypress.mp3
    invalid_keypress.mp3: audio/mpeg; charset=binary

On both machines, ‘pacman -Qi file’ reports that package's upstream is
https://www.darwinsys.com/file/.

--
Cheers, Ralph.