Re: mhbuild: extraneous information in message

From: Laura Creighton
Subject: Re: mhbuild: extraneous information in message
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 18:16:28 +0200

In a message of Wed, 12 May 2021 07:55:56 -0400, Ken Hornstein writes:
>>Manjaro is based on Arch linux, and Arch linux is based on debian.
>>My debian distro looks for such things in /etc/mailcap.  I'd look there first.
>
>Just for the record .... nmh (and MH before it) has never directly used
>the mailcap file.  Arguably, it SHOULD, but it does not (I am aware
>there are some distribution bundles of nmh which are configured to call
>programs which use the mailcap file to try to figure out which helper
>program to use, but in my experience none of those work very well).
>
>--Ken

Oh goodness.  I had no idea.  And here I have been happily editing /etc/mailcap
every time somebody sends me something I cannot read, adding a rule about how to
read it, and smiling contentedly when nmh starts being able to read it properly.

Where should I have been adding such rules, if not there, then?

Laura