[Nel] Drawing bitmaps fast...

From: Martin Schlingmann
Subject: [Nel] Drawing bitmaps fast...
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:17:57 +0200

I am creating a quite general interface parser and displayer based on xml
files for nel.
To display bitmap on the screen I currently use the drawBitmap on the Driver
object, like "pDriver->drawBitmap(xpos, ypos, width, height,
*item->getPic());".

Since this is probably not the best function to use for several reasons
(need to be pow... etc) and also in the header file you state:
/// Draw a bitmap 2D. Warning: this is slow...
virtual void                    drawBitmap (float x,...

So what is the best way of displaying bitmap's using nel librearies?

brg
Martin

Martin Schlingmann
Tech. researcher