Re: GPL specifics -- was: [Nel] Gamer question

From: J C Lawrence
Subject: Re: GPL specifics -- was: [Nel] Gamer question
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 19:54:03 -0800

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:31:20 +0800
zen  <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Kai, To my understanding, you don't have to release the source
> code if you don't sell it, according to GPL. Surely you may
> release the code in development, but it's not obligatory.

As soon as you distribute the product, which essentially means that
you give, transfer, or otherwise provide it to someone else than
yourself or your development team, you must grant that person full
access to all the relevant sources.  No more, no less.  The GPL
infects on distribution and only on distribution.

--
J C Lawrence
address@hidden               He lived as a devil, eh?