Re[2]: [Nel] TCP vs. UDP

From: Dim Segebart
Subject: Re[2]: [Nel] TCP vs. UDP
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 17:45:39 +0200

Just facts:
We  run  relatively large chat server with our own server software. We
use  TCP  for all communications between Java clients and server-side.
At  peak-load  time we have 2000 opened TCP-sockets at once. Profiling
shows  up  what most of CPU time server performs write().
And finally SW and HW - we use SunOS 5.7 aka Solaris7
Our homemade software written in C++ utilize 2,5 CPU out of 4 in our
Sun Enterprise Server 450 with 4 CPU and 1G RAM
May  be  someone  have  the  similar  service on UDP and can share his
statistic ?

--
Dim Segebart