Re: [Nel] TCP vs. UDP

From: Dim Segebart
Subject: Re: [Nel] TCP vs. UDP
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 17:00:13 +0200

Sorry, I'm not the network guru at all, so may be it looks childish ...
I think you should implement  minimum error checking protocol -
1. Client sends UDP data to the server
2. Client wait for confirmation from other end what data was received (use some
UID for packets to send back as confirmation)
3. If some timeout expired without confirmation, then client resends its data
again