monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] monotone-viz FTBFS

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] monotone-viz FTBFS
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 14:29:15 +0200

Francis,

thanks looking at this!

On 05/14/2014 10:04 AM, Francis Russell wrote:
> I'm looking at this, but I've but yet been able to replicate. The build
> log for the failure seems to show everything fine except linking against
> the utility library. I'm guessing this may just be the search path for
> the linker isn't including the library, but I'll need to either work out
> what's causing this or create a Debian unstable installation first.

I've reproduced it here:

> ocamlmklib glib/ocaml-gspawn.o glib/ocaml-giochannel.o glib/ocaml-misc.o
> glib/ocaml-gdate.o glib/ocaml-gpattern.o gnomecanvas_hack.o -o 3rdparty
> ocamlopt -o monotone-viz -ccopt -Wl,-rpath=/usr/lib/monotone-viz/ -I
> /usr/lib/ocaml/lablgtk2 str.cmxa lablgtk.cmxa gtkInit.cmx
> lablgnomecanvas.cmxa  glib/gspawn.cmx glib/giochannel.cmx glib/viz_gmisc.cmx
> glib/gpattern.cmx viz_misc.cmx viz_types.cmx q.cmx dot_lexer.cmx
> dot_parser.cmx basic_io_lexer.cmx revision.cmx subprocess.cmx components.cmx
> automate.cmx monotone.cmx agraph.cmx autocolor.cmx viz_style.cmx version.cmx
> icon.cmx ui.cmx unidiff.cmx view.cmx query.cmx app.cmx main.cmx -cclib
> -l:dll3rdparty.so
> /usr/bin/ld.bfd.real: cannot find -l:dll3rdparty.so

As the first quoted line shows, 3rdparty is a library built by the
monotone-viz sources, themselves. And indeed, I find a file
"dll3rdparty.so" on the top directory.

However, I have no idea how to teach the ocaml linker to just take the
.so file that's right there. I tried dropping the colon and adding "-L
.", but none of that helped.

How about your Caml-Foo?  :-)

Regards

Markus Wanner