Re: arm cross compiled monit segv

From: Terry Duncan
Subject: Re: arm cross compiled monit segv
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 03:00:57 -0700

Hi Martin,

I tried the prebuilt binaries. They do not work on my platform which is an ARM-11 CPU. Can you send the configure options that you are using for this build? I presume that you do not see SEGV during exception handling using them on your platform.

I wrote a very simple 'c' program that uses setjmp and longjmp to see if there was something fundamentally wrong with those calls on this system and they work fine there. But my simple program did not try jumping back through several layers of stack like what happens during a monit exception in an invalid generic send/expect check.

I have gone back to a version of monit (5.2.5) which does not use setjmp/longjmp and that is working fine but the code is very old.

Here is my configure line...
configure --host=arm-linux --libdir=/home/tsd/arm1176/_sysroot/AST2500/usr/lib --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc libmonit_cv_setjmp_available=yes --enable-shared=yes libmonit_cv_vsnprintf_c99_conformant=yes CFLAGS="-g -isystem /home//arm1176/_sysroot/AST2500/usr/include" CPPFLAGS="-isystem /home//arm1176/_sysroot/AST2500/usr/include -DOPENSSL_NO_SSL2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__FAVOR_BSD" LDFLAGS="-g -L/home//arm1176/_sysroot/AST2500/usr/lib"

Thanks
Terry

Message: 1