Monit and BackupPC

From: Mark Adams
Subject: Monit and BackupPC
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 19:45:51 -0600

Can anybody help with an implementation of Monit for BackupPC?

So far, I've tried this with some minor variations:

## BACKUP PC
check process backuppc with pidfile "/var/log/backuppc/BackupPC.pid"
start program "/usr/sbin/service backuppc start"
stop program "/usr/sbin/service backuppc stop"
if failed host adamsmdk port 16073 proto http then restart # change if not listening locally
###

Obvdiously, the last line in which I test for backuppc is not even close as the backuppc.socket starts on a random port every time.

Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

Thanks much.