Re: [monit] Processes are started but Monit doesn't automatically monito

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Processes are started but Monit doesn't automatically monitor them
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:38:13 +0100

It's hard to say without any logs and knowing the configuration what's wrong. I will be most probably some configuration problem.

Martin

Thomas wrote:
Hi,

It seems there was an issue with ddclient (dyndns automatic updater).

I was monitoring apache and ddclient only. What I did is I had the
symlinks in /etc/rc?.d/... to automatically start and stop these
scripts. With such setup Monit was unable to monitor the processes.

So I removed only the startup scripts for ddclient, and now it all
works perfectly. Does anyone had that issue too?

I have one little strange behavior is that Monit send me 2 emails for
notifiying me of any events. Why is that?