Re: [monit] Processes are started but Monit doesn't automatically monito

From: Thomas
Subject: Re: [monit] Processes are started but Monit doesn't automatically monitor them
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:19:07 +0100

Argh, Iam having troubles again, now with mysql.

I don't understand, should Monit start the processes when the computer
boots or not?

It getting me crazy, the processes are running, but for some reason,
Monit cannot connect to them, thus it times out and doesn't monitor
them anymore. But when I manually click on "enable monitoring"
suddenly it manages to connect and it all passes. Where could that
problem come from?

Concerning mysql, when Monit takes care of starting mysql, the pid
file doesn't get create, therefore Monit keeps complaining that Mysql
doesn't exist. If I do "/etc/init.d/mysql start/stop" manually, it
works perfectly.