Re: [monit] Processes are started but Monit doesn't automatically monito

From: Thomas
Subject: Re: [monit] Processes are started but Monit doesn't automatically monitor them
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:53:16 +0100

How can I deactivate automatic startup of Monit when the server boots up?

I have:
1) removed all symlinks in /etc/rc.d/*monit
2) made /etc/init.d/monit non executable
3) set startup=0 in /etc/default/monit

How can Monit still be starting up automatically!?

I am using ubuntu 7.10 server edition and Monit 4.8.1 from package.