Re: AssertException in process_common.c [resurrecting old thread]

From: Allen Shaw
Subject: Re: AssertException in process_common.c [resurrecting old thread]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:51:49 -0500

[replying to list....]

Hi Christian,

Yeah, you're right, there's no init process in that list, is there. Ha. Okay, maybe it's relevant that this is a "virtual dedicated server" environment. Gee, I should have said that before! Just didn't think of it at all. That would explain the other "lot of missing processes" wouldn't it.

Um, so does this make problems for monit, and is there a way to work around those?

As for the kernel, I don't know exactly what's in there, because that level of administration is done by the VDS provider, not me. And if UML is User Mode Linux, then I'm pretty sure the anser is "no."

Thanks,
Allen