Re: AssertException in process_common.c [resurrecting old thread]

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: AssertException in process_common.c [resurrecting old thread]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:17:31 +0100

Allen Shaw wrote:
Yes, I suppose you're right, but I think that level of configuration is beyond me and lies with the VDS provider, right?

Yes

I don't expect I could easily persuade them to change their setup. In this case, although monit's debug output does reveal the errors, it doesn't seem to adversely affect monit's performance. Do I have anything to worry about here, and then, would you guess there's something I can do *without* having the hosting service modify their VDS setup?

Monit shows also incorrect system memory usage and zero for cpu and load average:

--8<--
'system' load average [0.00][0.00][0.00]
'system' memory usage 819140.0% [-314220 kB]
'system' cpu usage 0.0%us 0.0%sy 0.0%wa
--8<--

This is most probably caused by VDS setup too (however we can fix the invalid value in memory usage - it should be zero).